Did you know that plants have many lifestyle, economic and environmental benefits?
They're good for you, your family, your lifestyle, our communities and our shared environment!
- Improved Emotional Health - Plants can improve your quality of life by boosting your emotional health and decreasing worry, anxiety, and perceived stress levels.
- Improved Memory - Being around plants can improve your concentration while being outside in a natural environment can improve memory performance and attention span by twenty percent.
- Learn Better - Spending time around plants enhances kids learning capabilities by helping them to focus and concentrate.
- Add value to your home! A high quality landscape yields an average 109% return on every dollar spent.
- Reduce summer air conditioning costs by planting trees to provide shade.
- Shop for plants at your local, independent garden center to support a local business!
- Plants add oxygen to the air. Two mature trees can provide enough oxygen for a family of four.
- Trees remove carbon dioxide from the air.
- Plants can provide food and habitat for birds, butterflies and pollinator species.
- Carefully designed landscapes can slow and clean stormwater runoff and reduce erosion.
For more details about the benefits of plants, check out Dr. Charlie Hall’s website. (http://ellisonchair.tamu.edu/health-and-well-being-benefits-of-plants/#.WNwPDRiZO1s)